Popular Posts

Monday, June 6, 2011

“Wisest leader Award”

Finally the day arrived. The day I finally obtain an award for all my hard work and tender words of wisdom. Not saying I will win, but I’m practically a shoe in for the, “Wisest Leader Award.” The only problem is my opponent, Martin Luther King Jr. That man has got some pep in his step, and is full of endless words of good judgment, it’s like he has god built into him. I realize my competition is tough, but I will receive that award whether he likes it or not. I know my kingdom will come through for me after all I have always been a great leader to them.
After all I’m the wisest man in the world, even wiser then Gandhi. I can conduct world peace with the snap of my fingers. My kingdom used to be a retched place with: dog fights, stealing, and even stealing an innocent mans satchel. As I spoke with the people of my Kingdom about their harmful ways, I touched them with the gentle words of my guidance. I explained that violence and unkind acts are never the answer, simply something as easy as being happy cannot just make this kingdom, but the world a better place.
Then there’s my competition Martin Luther King Jr. Who has changed the way black and white people looked at each other. Yes, I admit he is good, and gave a spectacular speech, while thousands & thousands of people watching. In my eyes bringing peace throughout a kingdom which I do every day, is better than bringing peace throughout a country.
I’m already planning out my speech, well you know just in case I happen to win. I will thank all of my family, well the people I can remember anyway, and then I will thank the voters, and last but certainly not least my maid Joyce for letting me wake up to a fresh glass of Orange Juice every morning. Hopefully I will win otherwise I would have done all my hard work for nothing.
The ceremony was in 30 minutes. I walked outside to thousands of my subjects screaming my name. I wanted to be fashionable early to the ceremony so I boarded my carriage and was on my way. I hear a young boy running aside my carriage yelling, “he’s dead he’s dead!” When I go t to the ceremony I found out that my opponent Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated, while giving one of his famous speeches. Hm does that mean I win? I went over to ask the man who was giving the award and he said, “Everyone is so sad and devastated of Martins death so we are postponing the ceremony.” My jaw dropped I spoke back to the man, “Can’t I just get the award?” The man replied, “It wouldn’t be fair if you just won the award, we’re delaying it till we can find a legible candidate to compete against you.” I agreed with the man’s statement like the gentleman I am, yet inside I was I wanted to scream like a little girl. Oh well life goes on, I’ll get that award someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment