Popular Posts

Thursday, November 17, 2011

“Seeing past the imperfections”

Authors Note: This story is going to be about an obese girl telling the reasons why some kids are considered normal and others not.

Wow, the nerve of some people, I thought to myself. Pointing out every little imperfection that makes me, me. Leaving me feeling as if I don’t belong, and as if I don’t matter enough to exist. My name is Mary, Mary Jane, I am 13 years old and on the verge of becoming obese. The few words that keep me going are, “Nobody’s Perfect.”

That quote brings me so much strength to feel better about whom I am. All of the people at school just know me as the fat girl. Not even one person has even tried to find out, the person I am on the inside. Just, because I’m not what the call, “Normal.” Everyday while walking down the halls of Jamestown jr. high I notice what makes people freaks or not normal, they are mostly: nerdy glasses, the wrong cloths, their skin color, and in my case my weight.

Pursuing this further, I recognize that the things that supposedly make people normal are all of the wrong reasons, which are: perfect skin, hair that falls just right, top brand clothing, and a big white smile to top it off. Why do things as pointless as this matter? Although I remember that things aren’t perfect with anyone. Sure some cases are worse than others but we are all humans, and we all have our imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment