Popular Posts

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tone and Mood

Big yellow Taxi in the song is a happy go lucky tone , while in the poem I got more of a depressed vibe, so I was shoved and my feelings on the poem changed. At first I felt sympathetic but after hearing the song, my opinion changed. I think the song when the guy sang it showed the tone better then, when the girl sang the song. So the overall mood was very depressing and upsetting. The tone the author was trying to display was to make the reader feel bad for the person because they never see stars because of all of the big city lights. The mood and the tone are quite similar there both depressing. To me the mood and the tone were different in the song and the poem because when listening to the music its hard to really listen to the lyrics when the music is chiming in. I feel like poetry means more because you are reading the actual lyrics and theres no music involved to distract you.


In addition the poem, " field below," was extremely depressing to hear and I thought the music played the perfect roll to the lyrics. The authors purpose was to make the listener feel sympathetic because all of the fields ad nature are turning into parking lots and shopping malls. The overall mood was very depressing and it makes you feel like you want to do something to help nature. The tone the author is trying to make you feel sympathetic and bad for the person just like the poem listed earlier, "Yellow Taxi." Between the poem and song, they were very similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment